Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Voila!

It came to me in a flash, as I knew it would. I needed to give this blog an overhaul with the addition of Thing 2 (i.e. Nate).

I've read a lot of infant sleep literature in the past two years and "Drowsy But Awake" is a term they use in a lot of infant sleep books. They always way to put your baby down when he is "drowsy but awake". With Harry, that was some mythical state. It did not exist. I felt "drowsy but awake" for much of his first year, but he was either AWAKE or ASLEEP. Nothing in between.

Then, Nathan arrived. I have seen him put himself to sleep from a drowsy state with no interaction from anyone. I was amazed. He has his awake, fussy moments (and days) but I have such low expectations when it comes to baby sleep, that anything resembling normal is icing on the cake.

So, the blog will take a different turn. I am cooking up a birthday post for Harry, but I realize I missed both monthly updates this time around. I think we'll just hit the "Reset" button and start fresh with Harry's birthday tomorrow. I'd like to add some posts about homeownership and some musings on music. We'll see if I can keep up. Until then, I remain "drowsy but awake".

No comments: