Saturday, May 16, 2009

Harry Joseph, Twenty-two Months Old



Dear Harry,

The picture above sums up the last week or so. Your brother, Nathan (you can call him Nate), arrived on Monday, May 11 at 12:57 PM and so began a new chapter in our lives. You are no longer an only, but will always be our oldest child. I can't wait to see how you two grow to love one another. Mama and Dada love you both more than you will ever know.

There is so much going on with us right now, both good and bad. I simply can't write it all right now. It's too overwhelming. Let me just say that one of my favorite parts of the day is when you curl up next to me in your bed, all calm and still, and put your hands on my cheeks while I hold you close and sing you to sleep. It is quite possibly the sweetest thing in the world and makes everything else go away for a little while. Thank you for that, Harry. Mommy really needs it right now.

All my love,
Mama

No comments: